Furnace Tune Up In Dayton, Ohio
Scheduling a furnace tune-up on a yearly basis is highly important. It’s key to preventing breakdowns and keeping your furnace running as efficiently as possible. There are a variety of furnace types, but all of them have mechanical equipment that can break down like any other piece of equipment.
The right kind of tune-up not only checks for issues, but also involves a variety of benefits, including cleanings, lubrication of parts, and replacement options. The last thing you want is spend money on expensive repairs due to a broken or poorly functioning furnace in the freezing winter months of Ohio.
Here is everything you need to know about tune-ups, including what they involve and what to look for from a furnace specialist offering furnace tune up service in Dayton, OH.
Why Furnace Tune Ups Are So Important
There are a number of very clear reasons why furnace tune-ups are so important. Think of a furnace tune-up as a small upfront investment that helps you reap very big rewards. Here are some of the top reasons why you should use a furnace tune-up:
Furnace Tune Ups Helps Provide Optimal Airflow
If your airflow is blocked or backed up, it can cause mechanical issues with your furnace. Over the long-term, your furnace may require more repairs and its overall lifespan may be shortened. You will also likely experience less even heating throughout your home, which leads to a colder winter for you and your family.
Safety Concerns With Your Furnace
Your furnace is designed to keep you warm. However, for most furnaces, this requires combustion of gas or oil. If even a small furnace combustion problem occurs, you can have big problems. It means gas leaking into your home in some cases. In others, it can cause dangerously high carbon monoxide levels.
In short, it has led to deaths in the past. If you’re looking to protect your family, a furnace tune-up shows that you put you and your family’s safety first.
Keeping Your Warranty Valid
If you look at the fine print of your furnace warranty, you’ll realize why furnace tune-ups are so important for many furnace owners. Basically, in order for your furnace warranty to remain valid, you need to ensure proper maintenance of your furnace. Otherwise, you may find that attractive warranty wasn’t so attractive after all.
Some furnace manufacturers even require proof for the warranty to remain valid. That means you’ll want to keep receipts or a written report of any tune-up to prove that you’ve been taking care of the basics.
Improve Energy Efficiency
When your furnace isn’t working properly, it can mean you’re burning more energy than is necessary. An optimally working furnace helps deliver the right amount of heat and distribute it evenly through your house. You will be using your energy more efficiently and saving money over the long-term on heating bills.
When is the Best Time To Schedule a Tune-Up?
In general, it’s best to schedule a tune-up for your furnace in the fall. This helps ensure that your furnace is in excellent condition for the wintertime. After all, the last thing you want is your furnace to breakdown in the middle of an Ohio winter. Often, it’s much more expensive to have emergency repairs during this busy time.
What Does a Furnace Tune Up Include?
In order to realize the full advantages of a furnace tune-up, you should look for the following benefits from a furnace tune-up provider like The Furnace Man in Dayton OH.
- A Complete Inspection –A licensed and experienced technician should review and inspect your furnace. They should be able to quickly identify any signs of wear and areas in need of maintenance. Your inspection should include a visual and point review of all the parts of your furnace as well as your duct system.
- Proper Lubrication – Your furnace requires all moving parts to be well lubricated. This helps prevent friction that can damage or wear parts over time. Your furnace tune up should include lubrication of all parts that require it.
- Filter Replacement or Cleaning– Your filter should be replaced during your tune-up service. In general, you want to ensure that you’re replacing your filter every 3 months.
- Pilot and Gas Pressure Adjustments – As a part of your tune-up, your pilot and gas pressure should be returned to the original manufacturer specifications. This helps ensure you have proper ignition, and that burners are properly firing. Over time, this will save you fuel costs as well.
- Check Gas Line – It’s important to check your gas line for leaks. This helps ensure that poisonous gases don’t leak into your home. Your technician should also ensure your exhaust system works properly.
- Belt Inspection – Your belts should be inspected to ensure proper internal function. That means reviewing for signs of wear and cracking.
- Thermostat Calibration – Calibrating your thermostat will help increase comfort, reduce costs, and ensure you aren’t overheating or under heating your home.
- Written Assessment – The Furnace Man team ensure that you are provided a written analysis of what actions were performed. It also notes on the condition of your furnace and our professionals’ suggestions to keep your furnace running great.
These are ultimately just a few of the necessary steps for a thorough furnace tune-up. There are many other important steps, such as checking the heat exchangers, looking for flue obstructions, and tightening all electric connections. The Furnace Man in Dayton, OH helps ensure that you get a complete furnace tune up.
You can also take steps yourself to ensure your furnace is functioning well and your family is safe. That means changing your air filter, installing a carbon monoxide detection device, and ensuring the space around your furnace is kept clean.
Ultimately, every home with a furnace in Ohio can benefit from an annual tune from The Furnace Man. Contact us today at 937-427-4105 and learn more about what a furnace inspection involves and schedule an appointment so your furnace works great all year round. It will give you peace of mind and keep you and your family warm when it matters most.