Good insulation is necessary to keep your home comfortable and energy efficient. Sometimes, insulation in your home can become compromised, and it may be necessary to replace it. Properly removing insulation takes skills, knowledge, training and expertise, so it’s important to hire professionals for this and all insulation work in Beavercreek, OH. The NATE- and EPA-certified technicians at The Furnace Man Heating & Cooling, LLC can help you remove your old insulation and replace it with effective, long-lasting insulation. Think you may have an insulation problem? Call us today!
Reasons to Replace Insulation
Here are a few reasons why people need to replace their home’s insulation:
- Development of mold – if your insulation has been exposed to water, mold can develop. Once mold begins to grow on insulation, the insulation is compromised and will need to be replaced.
- Animal infestation – animals like to be warm, and insulation provides a comfortable area for them to nest in. The problem is, once they find a home in your insulation, they tend to proliferate. Not only is it messy, it can create odors and possible contaminants.
- Construction work – if you are adding a large extension to your home, such as another floor, it’s advisable to remove any old, ineffective or loose insulation during construction.
- Fire damage – if you have sustained fire damage to your home, and the insulation was affected, it needs to be removed.
- Problems with allergies – some people have strong allergic reactions to different kinds of insulation, requiring removal of the current insulation and replacement with a type of insulation that doesn’t cause an allergic reaction.
Hire a Professional
Insulation removal involves a lot more than just pulling the old stuff out and putting it in a garbage bag. Additionally, you could cause more harm than good if you remove it improperly. Here are some reasons why it’s best to let a professional handle your insulation removal:
- Specialized tools are used, including professional-grade vacuums and specially-covered dumpsters
- Technicians have access to, and will wear, the correct protective gear
- The removal may require use of other chemicals to complete the job, including disinfectant sprays and pesticides
- Removal is time-consuming and potentially hazardous for those who aren’t trained correctly
Removing your old insulation in Beavercreek, OH is important to your personal health and the efficiency and structure of your home. If it’s time to remove old insulation from your house, call The Furnace Man Heating & Cooling, LLC today and schedule an appointment with one of our experts.