Electric furnaces have made some big advancements over recent years, with particular improvement in the area of energy efficiency. Determining whether or not an electric furnace is a good fit for your home requires some basic knowledge of the system and an understanding your heating needs. The trained professionals from The Furnace Man Heating & Cooling, LLC, are here to help you with your heating installation from start to finish, so if you are ready for a new furnace, call us today.
How Does an Electric Furnace Work?
At the start of the heating cycle in an electric furnace, the large fan at the bottom of the cabinet draws air over the furnace’s electric coils, which are red-hot. The air absorbs the heat from the coils, and this heated air is blown into the ductwork, where it is distributed to your living spaces.
What Are the Benefits of an Electric Furnace?
Here are some of the benefits of an electric furnace:
- Very energy efficient – many electric furnaces have an energy efficiency rating of 100% because they do not use fossil fuels; as such, they do not lose any heat energy from the burning of a combustion fuel.
- No need for a gas line – not all homes have access to a natural gas line, and oil or propane delivery may not be feasible. However, electricity is abundant, and an electric furnace can take advantage of this.
- Low initial costs – electric furnaces are some of the least expensive furnaces available, costing an average of $900 versus $2,000 for a gas furnace.
- Safe operation – while every whole-home appliance has safety guidelines, you won’t have to worry about toxic combustion fumes with an electric furnace.
- Longer lifespan – electric furnaces have an average lifespan of 20-30 years, while a gas furnace has a lifespan of 15-20 years.
The efficiency of electric furnaces used to be an issue, but not today. If you want quality heating service in Centerville, you might want to consider an electric furnace. Call The Furnace Man Heating & Cooling, LLC, and schedule an appointment with one of our experts.